Covid 19 diseases are not the end of the world
The new coronavirus Sars-CoV-2 has spread to all federal states. There is great uncertainty - but the good news is that for most people, the disease is comparable to flu. The majority develop only mild complaints that can be cured at home with home remedies.
The novel Sars CoV-2 virus is highly contagious, but in most cases not a case for the hospital. How do patients have to behave at home in order not to infect family members?
This is how a coronavirus infection can be cured
With a contagion with the new type of corona virus, it is usually not necessary to stay in a clinic. Because the vast majority of those infected either do not fall ill at all or only slightly as if they had a cold. If you have symptoms, you can make an appointment with your family doctor by telephone.
Sars-CoV-2 is very contagious
According to previous experience, the Sars-CoV-2 virus is highly contagious. In order to reliably interrupt infection chains, the Robert Koch Institute demonstrably recommends infected people to be placed in "home quarantine".
This is what a home quarantine should look like
For 14 days, which corresponds to the maximum duration of the previously known incubation time, the following rules should apply:
- Individual accommodation in a well ventilated room.
- Limiting contacts with other people, especially if they belong to a risk group. The risk groups include:
- People with a weakened immune system,
- chronically ill,
- Pregnant women.
- Roommates and family members should generally be in other rooms or keep a minimum distance of at least one to two meters.
- The use of common spaces should be kept to a minimum and should be separated as far as possible. These rooms, especially the kitchen and bathroom, must be cleaned regularly and well ventilated.
- Regular thorough washing of hands before and after preparing food, before eating, after using the toilet. It is best to use disposable paper towels to dry.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with disposable handkerchiefs or with your elbows bent - and sneeze in a different direction if you are around.
- Daily contact with doctor and health department to act quickly if symptoms occur.
Proven home remedies are available to make the symptoms more bearable. Here you will find the best home remedies for flu diseases: Home remedies for flu - it can work! (vb; source: dpa)
Author and source information
This text corresponds to the specifications of the medical literature, medical guidelines and current studies and has been checked by medical doctors.
Graduate editor (FH) Volker Blasek
- WHO: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation (accessed: 02.03.2020), experience.arcgis.com
- RKI: COVID-19 (Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2) (status: 02.03.2020), rki.de